Alternative glycosylation of different glycoproteins and their role in various diseases attracts the attention of scientists and recent publications are reporting continuously about new findings in this area . Bovine and human milk derived oral immunoglobulin preparations were used to treat gastrointestinal infections until the beginning of 2000s . Furthermore, diet derived IgG could affect human innate immune system responses in a long term manner . Albeit, N-glycan research in a well-studied field including immunoglobulins derived from cow milk and other animal sources, but still have some questions to be clarified . In this study we have analyzed the IgG and IgA molecules captured from organic and non-organic cow milk colostrum (from local farms in Hungary) using protein G and IgA specific Z-domain variant Ni-IMAC columns. The glycan structures were released by PNGaseF digestion and labeled with a charged fluorophore aminopyrene trisulfonate (APTS), followed by purification with magnetic beads . Analysis of the labeled glycans were carried out in an automated capillary electrophoresis system. Alterations in the N-glycan structures were found between organic and non-organic cow colostrum immunoglobulin samples, which could be the consequence of the different antibiotic or other treatments of the animals. Detailed structural characterization of the N-glycans found in both sample types will be given in a comprehensive comparable manner.
- Zs. Kovacs, A. Simon, Z. Szabo, Z. Nagy, L. Varoczy, I. Pal, E. Csanky, A. Guttman, Electrophoresis, 2017, 38, 2115.
- V. S. Jasion, B. P. Burnett, Nutrition Journal, 2015, 7, 14.
- M. Splunter, T. L. J Osh, S. Brugman, H. F. J. Savelkoul, L- A. B. Joosten, M. G. Netea, R. J. J. Neerven, Nutrients, 2018, 10, 1378.
- T. D-Dopico, M. R. Clatworthy, Frontiers in Immunology, 2019, 10, 805.
- M. Szigeti, C. Lew, K. Roby, A. Guttman, Journal of Laboratory Automation, 2016, 21, 281.